About Golden Ears Athletics
Golden Ears Athletics (GEA) is a Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows community based athletics club which has been providing coaching services in track & field, cross country, and road racing for almost a decade now. It was established in 1998 by a group of individuals looking to bring the Olympic sport of track and field to our community. The club has grown rapidly over the years and today has over 100 member athletes ranging in ages from 6 thru to 56.
Throughout our long history our mission has been and continues to be to promote healthy lifestyles, physical conditioning, good sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility, commitment, fairness and cooperation; these are all important qualities that our local youth can use throughout their lives as they grow and develop into the young men and women of our community.
GEA is a registered non-profit society in British Columbia and is run by a Board, which meets regularly to manage the financial, administrative, and operational functions of the club. Sub committees exist to manage the other aspects of the Club such as social gatherings, fund raising activities, hosting track meets and cross country meets, and organizing road races. GEA is a registered member with BC Athletics and Athletics Canada.
Mission Statement : To develop a diverse athletic club which will provide participants with the opportunity to develop physically while learning new skills associated with track & field. To provide a positive environment for self growth, goal setting, physical development, competition, and increased self confidence through achievement.
Value Statements: Sport can be a powerful vehicle for the development of human well-being. To realize this potential, we must live by and promote a set of noble principles both on and off the track. Golden Ears Athletics believes in the following:
- Human Development: We believe that participation in sport will make us better people. We also believe that the arts, in combination with sport, contribute to a well-rounded life.
- Fun: We believe that everyone should enjoy taking part in sports.
- Excellence: We believe that everyone has the right to work towards their personal best in everything they do.
- Fairness: We believe in honesty and fair play, and that everyone should have an equal chance to participate.
- Respect: We believe in considering the feelings and views of others and appreciating everyone's contribution to sport.
- Leadership: We believe those who participate in sport should set a good example and have a responsibility to teach others.
- Peace: We believe that sport should promote understanding and harmony among people.
Mascot: Golden Ears Athletics has adopted the Eagle as its mascot. The Eagle is a majestic creature which is frequently seen by residents and visitors in the Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows community. Members of Golden Ears Athletics are called "Eagles".
Club Colours: The club colours are black, burgundy and gold.
For more information please contact our club manger at firstname.lastname@example.org or download our .Information brochure.